- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup light brown sugar, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups mango puree (3 to 4 mangoes)
- 2 tablespoons almond flour (optional)
- 15 raw cashews - soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom, plus extra for garnish
- Toasted chopped cashews, for garnish (optional)
Dissolve rice flour in 3 tablespoons almond milk; set aside.
Heat remaining milk and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring barely to a simmer and stir in rice flour mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in mango puree, almond flour, chopped cashews and cardamom.
Pour kulfi into small ramekins and freeze until solid, 4 to 6 hours. Eat directly from the ramekins or place ramekins in warm water and remove the kulfi on to serving dishes. Garnish with a sprinkling of cardamom and toasted cashews.