- 2 tablespoons tamari, plus additional for serving
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup diced baked tofu
- 1 cup mixed diced seasonal vegetables (carrots, peas, chopped leafy greens, etc.)
- 1/2 cup diced water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
Combine tamari, mirin, peanut butter and sugar in a small bowl. Add enough water to make smooth; set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, diced vegetables, water chestnuts, ginger and garlic; stir fry until tofu is crispy, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add remaining oil and rice to the wok and stir fry, breaking up rice with a spatula, until it’s heated through, about 2 minutes. Add cilantro and peanuts; toss to incorporate. Pour reserved sauce around the edges of the wok and toss to combine. Serve immediately with additional tamari for seasoning.