- 1 cup black rice
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Ume plum vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons soaked sunflower seeds (cover with water for 30 minutes, then drain)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely sliced purple cabbage
- 3 red radishes, finely sliced in rounds
- 3 white radishes, finely sliced in rounds
- 1 daikon radish, grated
Place black rice in a pan and cover with water. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, cover the pan with a lid and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until rice is done, about 30 minutes. Once done, let stand for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
Make dressing by combing avocado, chives, lemon juice, vinegars, honey, sunflower seeds, water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a food processor until creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking, then place in a liquid measuring cup and set aside.
Place rice in a large salad bowl and combine with cabbage and radishes. Plate the salad for individual servings and drizzle with dressing before serving.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member