- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 slices bacon, minced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced white onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced fresh broccoli
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
Combine tamari, rice vinegar, sriracha and sesame oil in a small bowl; set aside.
Cook bacon pieces in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Using the bacon fat as the cooking oil, add onions, garlic and five spice powder; stir fry until translucent, about 2 minutes. Stir in carrots and broccoli and cook until brightly colored and just beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add canned corn and rice, breaking up rice with a spatula. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Toss in green onions and reserved sauce; toss to incorporate. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.