- 1 pound zucchini, trimmed and coarsely grated
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 4 eggs, beaten to blend
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried dillweed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Olive oil
Place zucchini in colander. Sprinkle zucchini with salt and let stand 30 minutes to drain. Squeeze zucchini between hands to remove liquid, then squeeze dry in several layers of paper towels.
Combine zucchini, chopped green onions, eggs, flour, dill, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Mix well. Fold in crumbled feta cheese. Fold chopped walnuts into zucchini mixture. (Zucchini mixture can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Cover tightly and refrigerate. Stir to blend before continuing.)
Preheat oven to 300°F. Place baking sheet in oven. Cover bottom of large non-stick skillet with olive oil. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, drop zucchini mixture into skillet by heaping tablespoonsful. Fry until pancakes are golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer each batch of pancakes to baking sheet in oven to keep warm. Serve pancakes hot.