- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (1 1/2 ounces) toasted walnut pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (7-ounce) jar piquillo peppers
- 16 boquerones (marinated white anchovies)
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- Handful of fresh herbs, such as mint, chervil or flat-leaf parsley
Mix olive oil, vinegar and walnuts together. Season with freshly ground pepper.
Cut piquillo peppers into 1/2-inch slices. Combine peppers in a bowl with anchovies, sliced onions and herbs. Pour dressing over pepper mixture, toss and serve.