- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 6 ounces Jack cheese, cut into small cubes
- 6 ounces Gouda cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons unbleached white flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon grated shallots
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Roasted Apples and Butternut Squash
Dredge cheeses in flour. Place wine and shallots in a heavy pot over medium heat and bring to a light simmer.
Stir in cheese a little at a time until the mixture is smooth and all of the cheese is melted. Add remaining ingredients and transfer to a fondue pot or individual stoneware ramekins.
Serve with crusty rosemary bread, roasted apples and butternut squash.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member