- 2 ciabatta or potato buns, split in half
- 2 tablespoons Sir Kensington’s Special Sauce (see note)
- 4 slices Serrano ham
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup arugula or frisee
- 2 tablespoons fried onions
Preheat oven broiler.
Place rolls on a baking sheet and toast for 1 to 2 minutes. Spread special sauce on each roll half. Divide ham between two roll halves.
Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon butter and let melt. Crack an egg into the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 1 minute then carefully flip and cook for an additional 20 to 30 seconds, or until your liking (we prefer our eggs a little runny). Season with salt and pepper. Slide the egg on top of the ham. Repeat with remaining butter and egg.
Top each egg with a slice of cheese. Return to the broiler and melt for 30 seconds.
Top cheese with greens and fried onions. Close the sandwich and serve.
Note: You can make your own “special sauce” by combining a little mayonnaise, mustard, relish, lemon juice and minced garlic.