- 1 cup diced cooked turkey (white and/or dark meat)
- 1 cup prepared bread stuffing, any flavor
- 1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes, divided (see note)
- 3/4 cup grated white cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh leafy greens, such as lacinato (“dino”) kale
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as rosemary, sage and thyme
- 3/4 cup hot turkey gravy (optional)
Preheat oven to 400° F. Line muffin tins with silicone liners or other sturdy cupcake liners.
In a large bowl, combine turkey, stuffing, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, leafy greens, eggs and black pepper. Toss gently to mix.
Fill each muffin tin generously 3/4 full. Top each with a spoonful (more or less according to your taste!) cranberry sauce. Mound or pipe remaining mashed potatoes on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese and herbs.
Bake until filling is sizzling, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool and serve with gravy, if desired.
Instead of mashed potatoes, substitute ½ cup mashed yams to mound or pipe on half the cupcakes.
Storage: These cupcakes freeze well. Bake before freezing, cool and store in freezer-safe containers. Defrost in the refrigerator and reheat in a 350° F oven until hot through, 20 to 25 minutes.