- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 pounds ground dark turkey
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3 splashes Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup prepared marinara sauce
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onions, celery and carrots until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano, marjoram and fennel seeds; cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
Combine vegetable mixture, ground turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs, Worcestershire, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Transfer to the prepared loaf pan and gently press mixture down to pack; spoon marinara sauce over the top.
Bake until a thermometer inserted into the center of the meatloaf reads 165° F, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove from the oven and let cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.