- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha or hot sauce (optional)
- 3 tablespoons warm water, to thin as desired
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Place peanut butter, tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil, fish sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and hot sauce in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides if necessary, about 2 minutes. Thin with water to desired consistency.
Cook soba noodles according to package directions in salted boiling water. Add broccoli florets to the pot during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain noodles and broccoli in a colander; rinse briefly under cool water.
Toss noodles with peanut sauce, bell pepper, green onions and sesame seeds. Serve warm or cold.
To make this dish a main course, add cooked chicken or tofu.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member