- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 to 12 chanterelle or shiitake mushroom caps, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 cup finely sliced leek
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in julienne strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) Thai Kitchen red curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 pound Alaskan salmon, skin and bones removed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach leaves, washed well
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Fish sauce to taste
- Basil leaves
Heat the oils in a wok or sauté pan. Add the mushrooms and leeks and cook for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add the red bell peppers, ginger and the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute more. Stir in the curry paste and the coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and stir in the salmon. Cook for 3 minutes and gently fold in the lime juice, spinach, basil and cilantro. Season with fish sauce.
Serve over steamed jasmine rice. Garnish with whole basil leaves.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member