- 1/4 cup cream cheese or hummus, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs (try dill, chive, mint or a combination)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 thin slices whole-grain sandwich bread
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
In a small bowl, combine cream cheese or hummus, herbs, salt and pepper. Divide spread between 2 bread slices. Top with sliced cucumbers and remaining bread. Trim the crusts and make 2 diagonal cuts on each sandwich to form 4 triangles.
Make open-faced tea sandwiches! Use small flower-shaped cookie cutters to cut out fun shapes from the cucumber.