- 1/2 unpeeled English cucumber, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Tiny pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pita wedges, tortilla chips or carrot or bell pepper sticks, for serving (optional)
Coarsely grate cucumber. Squeeze out moisture with paper towels.
Stir yogurt, mint and spices together in a bowl. Add cucumber and season with salt and pepper. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.