- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup shelled, toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup salted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds or other nuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1/2 cup zante currants or raisins
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Combine butter and both sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer and stir on low speed to combine. Adjust speed to medium and beat for 3 minutes, until fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add egg and cinnamon, and beat for 1 minute.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Blend on low speed just until white streaks of flour no longer remain. Stir in oats, seeds, nuts and currants. Drop dough by rounded 1 1/2 tablespoon balls about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 13 to 16 minutes, until edges are slightly crisp and centers are set. Let cool on the baking sheets.