- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 lemons, 1 zested and both juiced
- 2 teaspoons honey, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon harissa (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken or other protein
- 1/2 bunch kale, tough stems remove and leaves cut into ribbons
- 1/2 cup crumbled chèvre cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Combine bulgur and boiling water in a bowl. Cover and let stand for 30 to 40 minutes. Drain excess water and fluff with a fork.
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, zest, honey and harissa. Drizzle in oil, while whisking, to create an emulsified vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine bulgur, chicken, kale, cheese, walnuts, tomatoes and parsley; toss with dressing. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving to allow flavors to meld.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member