- 3 cups strawberries, caps removed
- 1/3 cup sugar, or to taste, depending on ripeness of berries
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup rosé wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped candied ginger
- 5 to 6 fresh mint leaves
Place strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and wine in a food processor; puree well. Taste mixture and adjust flavors: if it is too tart, add a little sugar; if it is too sweet, add a little lemon juice.
Place mixture in a shallow casserole dish and freeze until almost firm, but still a little slushy. Transfer to a food processor, add ginger and mint and blend until smooth. Place back in the casserole dish and freeze until almost firm once more. Give it another go-round in the food processor and then freeze until firm.
Serve garnished with sprigs of mint, a few strips of candied ginger and a small slice of lemon.