- 6 small beets, tops removed and cleaned
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pound ripe strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Drizzle beets with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap in foil and roast until a knife easily slides into the center of the largest beet, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Allow to cool, then remove skins and cut beets into wedges.
Whisk together remaining oil, vinegar and honey. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss beets, strawberries and balsamic dressing in a bowl. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with goat cheese and mint.