- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 leek, cut into 1/2-inch coins
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed, cut into 1-inch pieces on bias
- 1/2 pound fiddlehead ferns (as available)
- 1/4 pound shelled English peas (as available)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Heat a stainless steel sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, quickly add oil, thyme, garlic and leeks. Sauté for 2 minutes; browning leeks slightly is OK.
Add asparagus and ferns and sauté for 2 minutes, then add peas. Add lemon zest and season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Serve.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member