- 3 bunches (4 quarts) mixed greens, washed and thick stems removed (kale, curly endive, chard, beet and/or mustard greens)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup juice-sweetened dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons to 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, for seasoning
Shake rinsed greens in a colander to remove excess water.
Heat a large pot over medium heat and add olive oil. Add garlic and cook for a few seconds until light brown. Add a couple handfuls of greens and toss with tongs. Add cayenne pepper and toss to distribute.
Add remaining greens. When wilted, season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking, tossing often, until the excess liquid evaporates. Add walnuts and dried cranberries and toss gently.
Turn greens out into a bowl, then season with vinegar. Serve warm, at room temperature or cold.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member