- 1 pound white fish fillet (halibut, cod or rockfish)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cumin, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/4 small green cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 small red cabbage, shredded
- Lime wedges, for garnish
Gently dry fish with paper towels. Combine chili powder, coriander, cinnamon and 2 teaspoons cumin in a small bowl. Sprinkle spice mixture over both sides of fish fillet; season with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Place fish in the pan and cook until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Carefully turn fish over and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, another 5 to 7 minutes; set aside.
Combine sour cream or Greek yogurt, lime juice, cilantro and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Flake fish into chunks and distribute evenly among tortillas. Top each with cabbage and creamy lime sauce; serve with lime wedges.