- 2 cups chopped kale leaves, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers, divided
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) halibut fillets, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh basil, divided
Preheat oven to 425° F. Cut 4 (18- by 13-inch) pieces of parchment paper. Fold each piece in half and cut out a large heart shape.
Place 1/4 cup kale leaves and 1 tablespoon peppers on one side of a parchment paper heart. Lay 1 fish fillet on top of vegetables, sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, and drizzle with a little oil. Top with 1 teaspoon vinegar and 1 teaspoon basil.
Repeat with remaining ingredients and parchment hearts.
Beginning at the top of each heart, make small overlapping folds, picking up both sides of the paper. Crease the folds well and make sure each new fold overlaps the previous fold. Twist the tail end under to seal.
Transfer packets to a baking sheet. Bake until fish is cooked through, the packets are puffed and starting to color, 12 to 14 minutes.
Transfer packets to serving plates and use scissors to cut a small X in the top of each packet. Tear open carefully (the packets will release steam).