- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 5 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cold water
Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add all vegetables and sauté until onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
Add vegetable stock, lemon juice and all spices. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add tofu.
Mix arrowroot into a slurry with a small amount of cold water. Stir the slurry into the hot stew to thicken the stock.