- 8 ounces Neufchâtel cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces crème fraîche, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, flaked
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling (optional)
Cream together Neufchâtel, crème fraîche, lemon zest, shallots, capers, tarragon, salt and pepper. Fold in flaked salmon. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Bring to room temperature 20 minutes before serving and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.