- 2 tablespoons vegetable or coconut oil
- 1 pound 31 to 40 count peeled and deveined shrimp (tail off)
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Limes wedges, for garnish
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 10 to 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup very finely sliced cabbage
- Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- Sprigs of fresh cilantro
- Mango Salsa or Pico de Gallo
- Lime wedges
Heat the oil in a large, heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and coriander seeds in a single layer and let the shrimp cook on one side without stirring for about 2 to 3 minutes or until any liquid in the pan is reduced and the underside of the shrimp starts to turn dark pink. Flip them, sprinkle the garlic and green onions around the pan, and cook until the prawns are just opaque through.
Season with salt, pepper, freshly squeezed lime juice, and hot sauce, all in generous measure, and toss to blend the flavors.
On a griddle or in a hot sauté pan, heat the tortillas a few at a time and place 1 or 2 on each serving plate. Top each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons of sliced cabbage and 2 shrimp. Drizzle generously with Creamy Chipotle Sauce and scatter with cilantro sprigs. Serve with salsa, lime wedges and additional topping options as your imagination dictates!