- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau (or you may substitute orange juice)
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup blackberries or your favorite summer berry
- Ice cream
In a small sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter and stir in the maple syrup, lemon juice, zest and Cointreau. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes or until the liquid reaches a thick, syrupy consistency. Add the peaches, toss and simmer for 1 minute. (If the peaches aren’t perfectly ripe, give them 1 to 2 minutes more.)
Note: If you like the sauce around the peaches a little thicker, remove the peaches from the pan so they don’t overcook, and reduce the liquid a little more. Add the peaches back to the pan and proceed.
Toss in the blackberries and pour the fruit over your favorite ice cream.