- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple juice, plus additional as needed
- 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier (for an optional kick)
- Fresh strawberry slices for garnish
In a food processor, combine the strawberries, maple syrup and apple juice. Process until mixture is smooth, being careful not to over-process the berries or they will discolor. Add more apple juice as necessary if sauce is too thick.
Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a nonreactive bowl, such as glass or porcelein. Stir in liqueur, if desired. The coulis will keep in the refrigerator for up to three days.