- 1 bunch asparagus, large spears
- 3 to 4 small radishes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 scant teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Crusty bread, for serving (optional)
Remove woody ends from asparagus. Using a vegetable peeler, shave asparagus lengthwise. (You can use the trimmings to make soup or stock). Cut radishes into quarters and mix with asparagus in a bowl.
Add lemon juice, zest, vinegar, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper to a jar. Twist the lid on tight and shake well.
Pile asparagus and radishes on a salad plate, much like pasta. Drizzle some of the dressing, to your taste, over the top. Scatter with goat cheese and serve with a nice crusty bread.