- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch asparagus (large spears)
- 4 ounces baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
In a small bowl, mix together shallots, vinegar and mustard. While whisking continuously, slowly drizzle in oil to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Working on a flat surface, shave the asparagus with a vegetable peeler into thin ribbons by holding the tough end of the spear and peeling toward the tip. Discard the tough ends after peeling.
On a serving platter, gently toss together asparagus, arugula and dressing. Sprinkle with pine nuts and cheese; serve immediately.