- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, or more to taste
- 2 heads broccoli (1 pound each) cut into bite-size florets
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 5 fat cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Large pinch crushed red pepper flakes
In a large bowl, stir together the vinegar and salt. Add broccoli and toss to combine.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil until hot but not smoking. Add garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in sesame oil and pepper flakes. Pour mixture over broccoli and toss well. Let sit for at least 1 hour at room temperature, then chill in fridge until ready to serve.