- 1 head broccoli (about 1 pound)
- 1 (14-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 pound orzo
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons currants
Cut broccoli into florets; peel and slice stem into 1/2-inch pieces.
Preheat oven to 425° F. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven for 4 minutes to heat. Toss broccoli and garbanzo beans with 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper. Very carefully spread vegetables on the hot baking sheet. Roast, shaking the pan once or twice to turn florets, until tender and golden, about 10 minutes. Add almonds and roast for 4 additional minutes.
Meanwhile, cook orzo in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package directions.
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar and mustard. Slowly whisk in remaining 4 tablespoons oil to create a vinaigrette. Toss roasted broccoli, garbanzo beans, almonds and orzo with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with green onions and currants before serving.