- Serves: 6
- Ingredient Notes: Vegetarian, Vegan, Corn-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free
- Each serving
- 360 cal
- 15g fat (2g sat)
- 0mg chol
- 120mg sodium
- 48g carb
- 7g fiber
- 5g sugars
- 12g protein
- 1 head broccoli (about 1 pound)
- 1 (14-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 pound orzo
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons currants
Cut broccoli into florets; peel and slice stem into 1/2-inch pieces.
Preheat oven to 425° F. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven for 4 minutes to heat. Toss broccoli and garbanzo beans with 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper. Very carefully spread vegetables on the hot baking sheet. Roast, shaking the pan once or twice to turn florets, until tender and golden, about 10 minutes. Add almonds and roast for 4 additional minutes.
Meanwhile, cook orzo in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package directions.
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar and mustard. Slowly whisk in remaining 4 tablespoons oil to create a vinaigrette. Toss roasted broccoli, garbanzo beans, almonds and orzo with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with green onions and currants before serving.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member