- Serves: 4 to 6
- Ingredient Notes: Corn-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free, Tree nut-free
The bright, floral flavor of fresh tangerines balances perfectly with rich scallops and sharp arugula. This dish can be served either as a first course or a light dinner.
- 1/4 cup tangerine juice
- 2 teaspoons tangerine zest
- 2 tablespoons Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound scallops
- Pinch of ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil
- 4 cups arugula
- 4 cups frisee
- 3 tangerines, segmented
- 1/2 cup pitted mixed olives
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
In a bowl, combine tangerine juice, zest, vinegar, mustard and shallots. Slowly drizzle in oil while whisking to create an emulsified vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Pat scallops dry and season with coriander, salt and pepper.
Preheat a sauté pan over medium-high heat and add butter and oil. Carefully place scallops in the pan and sear until golden on one side, 1 1/2 to 3 minutes. Gently flip scallops and cook for an additional 30 to 90 seconds. Keep warm while assembling salad.
Divide arugula, frisee, tangerines segments and olives among plates. Top with warm scallops. Drizzle with reserved vinaigrette and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member