- 2 teaspoons high-heat oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 pound cooked salmon, bones removed and shredded
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Parsley Almond Pesto, for serving
Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion, garlic and carrots until tender, about 4 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
Combine vegetables with remaining ingredients, except pesto. Combine well and form into 4-inch patties; place on prepared baking sheet.
Bake until slightly golden and heated through, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with Parsley Almond Pesto.