- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup polenta or coarsely ground cornmeal
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs, whipped until frothy
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Bring the stock to a boil and add the rosemary and butter. Pour in the polenta or cornmeal, stirring with a wire whisk. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture is thick and creamy, about 15 minutes. (You may use fine-ground De La Estancia polenta, which cooks in only about 3 minutes.)
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to cool slightly. Fold the eggs into the polenta.
Transfer the batter into a buttered, round casserole dish or 8×8 inch baking pan. Smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the soufflé is puffed and golden. A knife inserted in the center should come out clean.