- 1/2 pound cooked penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, small dice
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 fresh chile pepper, sliced or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 can white beans; reserve 1/2 of the liquid
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Red wine vinegar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
In a hot wok or sauté pan, cook onion in olive oil until softened and slightly browned. Add mushrooms, rosemary, garlic and chile pepper or red pepper flakes, if using. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms are softened and well wilted.
Add beans and stir well. Add reserved liquid and bring to a light boil. Cook for a minute or so until mixture thickens. Stir in tomato paste. Adjust seasonings to taste. Remove from heat and add a splash of vinegar. Stir in cooked pasta. Garnish with parsley.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member