- 1 pound pressed tofu, sliced into 8 rectangles
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs: thyme, parsley, sage and chives
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bread crumbs to coat
- Mushroom Ragout
Press tofu for 30 to 60 minutes between two plates. Use a tea kettle or a heavy can from your cupboard to weight the top plate down.
In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients, except bread crumbs. Place tofu cutlets in a large sealable plastic bag. Add marinade.
Marinate tofu for several hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 450° F. Lightly coat a baking dish with oil.
Dredge and coat wet tofu in bread crumbs. Roast for 10 minutes on one side, then 5 on the other.
Serve topped with Mushroom Ragout.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member