- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound spring asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 6 to 8 slices pancetta, cooked as you would bacon, and crumbled
Preheat oven to 375° F, or if using a convection oven, 350° F.
In a bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and olive oil.
Place the asparagus in a large baking dish or on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle half the vinaigrette over the asparagus and toss to coat each stalk.
Place the asparagus in the oven and roast for about 5 to 8 minutes or until the asparagus is crisp tender.
Remove the asparagus from the oven and transfer to a platter. Drizzle a little vinaigrette over the top of the asparagus and then sprinkle with the crumbled pancetta. Check the seasoning as you may need a touch more salt. Serve immediately.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member