This roasted salmon makes a wonderful centerpiece for your feast or serve it alongside traditional turkey. The brightness of cranberries plays perfectly with the richness of the fish.
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 large orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 2 to 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or honey, or to taste
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 side of wild salmon (or 4 fillets)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine cranberries, orange juice and segments, rosemary, fennel seeds and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium. Cook until berries have popped and juice has thickened, about 15 minutes. Adjust sweetness if desired and remove from the heat. Discard rosemary.
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Pat salmon dry and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon chutney evenly over top, reserving the remaining for serving.
Roast in the oven until salmon is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes per inch-thickness of salmon.