Radishes take on a sweet, caramelized note when roasted at high heat. This sweet root vegetable pairs perfectly with a creamy and spicy dipping sauce.
- 3 bunches radishes, trimmed and halved
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons harissa paste, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint, plus additional for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
Preheat oven to 450° F. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven for 5 minutes to heat.
Toss radishes with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Carefully transfer to the hot baking sheet and roast until tender and golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
In a small bowl, combine yogurt, harissa, mint, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Stir just to mix.
Serve roasted radishes on a platter alongside harissa yogurt. Sprinkle with additional mint. Serve warm or at room temperature.