- 1 clove garlic
- 1 head Bibb or red leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 handful baby greens
- 1/2 to 2/3 cups snap peas, diagonally sliced
- 1/2 to 2/3 cups sliced radishes
- 1 to 2 green onions or 1 garlic chive, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, or to coat leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste (see note)
Rub peeled garlic in a wooden bowl. Add greens, snap peas, radishes, green onions or garlic chives. Toss gently to mix. Drizzle with oil, vinegar and lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Iole recommends using coarse grey sea salt in this dish.