- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced on the diagonal 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
Toast cumin seeds in a small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Cool. In a spice mill or mortar, grind half the seeds to a fine powder. Combine with whole seeds and set aside.
Preheat oven to 425° F. Toss carrots with oil, orange juice, salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until golden brown and tender, stirring occasionally, 25 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss with parsley and half of the toasted cumin.
Combine yogurt and remaining cumin in a small bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve warm carrots topped with cumin yogurt.
If you have a shorter variety of carrot, try cutting them lengthwise for a pretty presentation.