- 16 Brussels sprouts, stem ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 strips bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary, plus extra for garnish
- 1 pear, roughly diced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Quarter sprouts lengthwise and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 12 to 15 minutes, until brown at the edges.
In a large sauté pan set over medium heat, cook bacon and shallots until both are beginning to turn golden. Stir in rosemary, pears, dried cranberries, nuts, syrup and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes, until heated through.
Transfer sprouts to a bowl and pour hot pear-syrup mixture on top. Season to taste with additional vinegar or a splash of olive oil.