- 2 green onions, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 6 tablespoons tangerine juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed
- 2 loose cups mixed greens
Combine green onions, tangerine juice, garlic, chiles, vinegar and lemon juice in small mixing bowl. Briskly whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 500° F.
Pour remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil into a cast iron or other heavy-duty, oven-proof skillet. Place red peppers in the skillet and roast uncovered for about 15 minutes. Add asparagus and roast for another 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool slightly and cut peppers into 3-inch strips.
Toss asparagus and red pepper with vinaigrette. Chill. Arrange greens on a salad plate, place several spears of chilled asparagus on the greens, along with several strips of roasted pepper and a teaspoon of dressing.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member