- 1 Pastry Dough for Pies and Tarts
- 3 to 4 cups fresh rhubarb, cut into small chunks or sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1 cup crème fraîche or heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unrefined sugar
- Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, capped and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Line a 9- or 10-inch tart pan with the pastry crust; trim the edges. Scatter or arrange rhubarb over the crust. Combine crème fraîche or cream, eggs and sugar; pour over rhubarb. Sprinkle with Turbinado sugar.
Bake for 10 minutes and then reduce the heat to 350° F. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes more or until rhubarb is tender and filling is set.
Combine strawberries with honey and serve over the tart.
Try this recipe for a Wheat-free Pie Crust.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member