- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add lemongrass, garlic, curry paste and brown sugar and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add tamari and water; bring to a boil. Add coconut milk and return to a boil.
Make slurry with arrowroot and lime juice; stir into sauce to thicken. Add coarsely chopped cilantro.
Serve over vegetables, tofu or chicken.