- 1 whole wheat English muffin or bread roll, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons pizza or tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices turkey or deli ham, chopped (optional)
- 1 navel orange, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
Lightly toast muffin or roll in the toaster and then place on a baking sheet.
Spread each half with 1 tablespoon sauce and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Top pizza with turkey or ham, orange segments and chopped bell peppers.
Set the oven or toaster oven to broil. Place pizzas under the broiler just until cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Let little ones help prepare the toppings by “chopping” with a pair of clean scissors. Older kids can practice their cutting skills using lettuce knives, with adult supervision, of course!