- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups chopped cooked Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped leeks
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup minced fresh savory
- 1/3 cup minced fresh sage
- 1/3 cup minced fresh thyme
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable broth (as needed)
- Asparagus-Pistachio Pesto
Keep warm quinoa, potatoes and rice.
Sauté onions, leeks and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil for 5 minutes or until soft. Add herbs and remove from the heat. Place all ingredients except for the broth and pesto in a bowl and mix until the mixture is capable of forming a loaf (it shouldn’t be too wet). If the loaf is too dry, use broth to moisten the mixture.
On a greased baking sheet or baking dish, hand-form a rustic style loaf or loaves depending on size desired. Brush loaf with olive oil and bake at 350° F for 30 to 45 minutes until loaf is slightly brown.
Cut the loaf into slices and top with room-temperature Asparagus-Pistachio Pesto.