- 1/2 cup hulled raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown rice miso paste
- 2 cups chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Place pumpkin seeds and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides, if necessary. Add lemon juice, miso paste and basil leaves; pulse until blended. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while the machine is running. Season with salt and pepper.