- 2 (14-ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons agar-agar flakes
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot mixed
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin or 15 ounces cooked pumpkin puree
- Caramelized pecans (sold in the PCC Deli) or lightly toasted pecans and dried cranberries, to garnish (optional)
Combine coconut milk, sugar, maple syrup, agar-agar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, allspice and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, covered, until agar-agar dissolves, stirring often.
Combine arrowroot, water and vanilla in a small bowl.
Mix in pumpkin and arrowroot mixture, and let simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Transfer to a shallow dish and refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold and firm. Scoop into a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Place mousse in the refrigerator for another 30 minutes or until serving. This can be refrigerated up to 4 days then frozen.
Top with pecans and cranberries before serving, if desired.