- 1/2 preserved lemon, rind only, rinsed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 ounces Bibb or romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 large fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces white anchovies
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
In a small bowl, whisk together half the chopped preserved lemon, vinegar, mustard and garlic. Drizzle in oil, whisking constantly, to emulsify dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Arrange lettuce on a large serving platter. Scatter with fennel, red onions, anchovies, remaining preserved lemons and olives. Drizzle with a small amount of dressing and sprinkle with cheese; serve remaining dressing on the side.